Here’s a few tunes I am currently obsessing over and plan on blasting throughout my summer adventures! I’m into a lot of indie, a little alternative, rap is always a good idea and pop with a side of R&B, a splash of country never hurts either haha. Give them a listen and leave any music suggestions for me!
With the beginning of summer, comes the reminiscing of the school year haha. My freshman year of college was everything I expected and soo much more! There was lots of tears, dancing, kissing, laughing, reading, writing, stressing, failed exercising attempts, secrets shared, friendships made and broken, good news, and most importantly unforgettable memories. I can only thank God for the experience I’ve had and the people I’ve shared it with and look forward to an even better series of events!
A Quick Facts I’ve learnt About University
1. The freshman 15 is soo real tho!! As soon I got home the second thing my mom said to me was that I had gained weight (thnx ma!) but so did every person after that. I cant say I blamed them cause I chose sleep over working out several times i lost count and then there’s the easy access food. Honestly looking back, being surrounded by all the dessert,pizza and fries I could eat, I was doomed from the get go!
2. You have so much free time!! But what you decide to do with will make or break you! You could either study when get out of your last class at 12 o’clock or explore neighboring towns til mid night.
3. Depending on where you go to school, word gets out quick about pretty much everything and everyone! I go to a private university which sizes a significantly smaller student population than a state public college and eventually you know a little bit about everyone before you even meet them!
4. College parties are everything you expect and then some. A few tips are go with friends; always!, do not take open drinks from anyone even if you know the person, tell a friend when you plan to leave with anyone that you met at the party and do not take rides from random strangers!
5. Parties are a great way to socialize and talk to that one person you saw around campus but couldn’t introduce yourself to. However, do not go to parties to find a guy that’s relationship material because that is just not happening hun! The loophole to that though is introducing yourself to the guy/ girl you like, exchange numbers but do not go home with them that night. Instead you arrange to talk outside of the party scene.
6. Have at least one friend with a car and pay for gas. Once again you’ll have so much free time and come one you don’t want to use ALL of it in a stuffy library. Give your friend a $20 or so for gas and explore the theme parks nearby or the malls or neighborhood restaurants!
7. Ask for help, ask for help, ask for help. Chances are, your college has numerous resources available to you, USE THEM! You do happen to be paying for them!
8. If you are bad with time management before college, you need to get it together before because once the ball gets going its going to be really hard to get it together. Having to balance school, a social life, family time, you time takes practice so start right away.
9. High school friend, who? There’s only one person I talk to from high school and that is my best friend since like middle school. I actually had such a hard time keeping in touch with her even though we’re so close! We both had so much going on while we were in school that there just wasn’t time to keep each other updated so were taking time to catch up during the summer. I spoke to my mom twice a week and sometimes went a few months without talking to my family members.
10. The best friendships are the ones that bring you out of your comfort zone and make you open your eyes to opportunities and experiences you never though you would partake in. Those friendships when handled wonderfully are forever!
11. Do not! I repeat DO NOT deny yourself of anything new. Try everything unless you could die from it then really put it in perspective and go with your gut!
xx Miss Tabitha M
With spring comes new goodies for that can be used until we have to seek our scarves and boots in the fall! Distressed denim high-waisted shorts (originally Eddie Bauer jeans) ,Floral shorts (Forever 21), Black high-waisted shorts (Originally Riders jeans). With a few more cuts and distressing, I think the high-waisted bad boys will be good and ready!
Whether you were reuniting with the fam for a not so swift egg hunt, going to mass or pigging out with no regrets, I hope your Easter was a marvelous one! I celebrated his rising in this sophisticated yet casual look.
Worthington dress from JCP, Bandolino heels, Olivia and Joy purse and Levi and Strauss denim jacket
Let me know what you did this Easter or slightly even better, what you wore!
xx Miss Tabitha M
To say the least, these ladies are the reason for my long, strenuous nights of procrastination and copious amounts of online window shopping. Not to mention the endless amounts of folders in my computer titled “Business (for my wallet) and pleasure (for my soul)”. Take a look and let me know your faves!
2. Ring my bell
8. One of each
9. We Wore What
10. Native Fox
Have a blogger that you’d like myself and others readers to check out? Link em, link em! My daily required amount of procrastination isn’t going to fulfill itself!
xx Miss Tabitha M
Some content on this page was disabled on December 14, 2016 as a result of a DMCA takedown notice from Jennifer Grace. You can learn more about the DMCA here:
Today marks the 1 year anniversary of my little child of a blog! This time last year, I had so much on my plate oh my goodness gracious! Starting a blog or place that I could share my love for beauty and fashion was in the top ten of my new years resolutions. I’m glad to say that I accomplished all my 2013 new years resolutions as I had set out to. Since Miss Tabitha M. com was started I have published 184 posts, gained over 240 wonderful and loyal readers, and received over 12,500 all time views! I feel on top of the world and I know we can go no where but up from here! I wish you all the best in everything you set out to be! Whatever you do, be a great one!
xx Miss Tabitha M
My style icon of 2013 award goes to the ever so marvelous Ashley Madekwe of Ring My Bell. She took my breath away with each and every piece of clothing she put on her body and kept me reeled in with her sweet personality. Here’s a few facts about Ashley to help you get familiar with the British Beaut.
1. She plays my second favorite character on the hit show “Revenge”. She uses her sweet and innocent personality to make it in the cut throat world of the Hamptons’ Finest in the early days of the show until she realizes that ‘sweet’ wont do the trick in a world of vicious salty things. It doesn’t hurt that her character has as good a taste in fashion as she does 😉
2. Both Ashley and her hot cake of a husband hail from across the pond. Her husband Iddo is an amazing photographer and takes the majority of the pictures that appear on her blog.
3. Ashley is best friends with my childhood TV best friend (in my head)! Talk about a small world! I grew up watching Christa B. Allen on Cake TV every Saturday morning only to grow up to idolize the style of her best friend. Christa is part of the reason I got into making and personalizing my own fashion and jewelry pieces. Christa also stars on Revenge alongside Ashley.
Here’s a few more of my favorite of Ashley Style moments from her blog!
Whose style did you crush on the most during 2013?
xx Miss Tabitha M
Just like that 2013 has come and gone. I started this blog four days after we set into 2013! I was so eager, so driven to just put my work out into the world and let whoever came along to see be the critic of it all. As I sit here in my cheetah print bath robe and 40 degree room listening to “Dj got us falling in love again” by Neyo, I cant help but think that I have loved and continue every moment of this blog and whatever comes with it. Today, I have four New Years Eve looks that I would like share with you and help you gain some inspo from. Each contains a few of my absolute favorite pieces that 2013 gave me.
Look 1: Elegant New Years Eve Party for 200, Alex.
This look has my favorite item of all time, the leather jacket y’all! I’m sucker for a good leather jacket. Its usually pretty cold on New Years so a leather jacket does the trick of keeping you warm while still looking tres chic!
Look 2: There’s a party on 3rd street, dressy casual only!
Look number dos is for the more casual dressy look with loafers replacing heels and a little less on the glam and more on the comfortably stylish scenario. The Alien perfume by Thierry Mugler is my holy grail perfume! Its strong and intimidating while staying true to its feminine and inviting side. Haha, make sense? A leather jacket is a must again to tie the whole look together along with a cross body purse for a hands free experience!
Look 3: Ringing in the New Year at the beach with a few good friends.
What’s better than an elegant NYE party at the Chateau Palace? Nothing! But the beach comes in a very close second just add a few really good friends, maybe a drink or two and a little firework action and you’ve got the Chateau palace beat! 😉 Oversized sweaters, boyfriend jeans and booties are all that Ive beening leaving in this year! They combine trend, comfort and a tumblr- esque feel that seals the deal for me! *kisses fingers into the air and whispers “Magnifique!” to self*
Look 4: Oh Sh*t, Is It New Years again?
Don’t you hate it when a holiday creeps up on you and you not prepared whatsoever?! Yeah I feel ya girl! I have just the cure however, a cheesy romance movie that contains all your favorite actors, take out and some Au naturale living should do it. Kick on back, its just another day 😉
Make lots of noise and kiss lots of boys… or girls if that’s what you’re into 😉 Have a fantastic New Years Eve and New Years angels!
xx Miss Tabitha M