Everyone and their mom has heard so much about all types of oils and the wonders they can do for your skin. Focusing the spotlight on Tea tree oil in particular, I am here to tell pretty much all you need to know about the miracle in a bottle and offer some insight based on my experience with the product.
1. Use it to heal athlete’s foot, toe nail fungus, vaginal infections, genital herpes, gum disease, dandruff, yeast infections, kill lice, dry up pimples over night and help treat acne, etc.
2. Always use the oil with a carrier oil (some great pairing oils are Jojoba oil, Grape seed oil, Argan oil, etc).
3. Use it to open your scalp and promote hair growth (buy hair products such as shampoos and conditioners that contain tea tree oil for proper distribution)
1. Never take it by mouth. Tea tree oil can cause severe reactions when taken orally such as diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, coma ,etc.
2. Never use it at its maximum strength (completely undiluted)!!
Trust me on this because I talk from experience! I used it on my skin to treat break outs thinking it would work even better by itself but instead I have developed severe sensitivity and itchiness and my breakouts have increased! EEK! Nonetheless I have learnt my lesson and will be pairing it with a carrier immediately!!
3. Never use it while using products with benzoyl peroxide!! Again I speak from experience! You do not want to end up with hyper-senitive skin and a rash!
Hope this helped maneuver Tea tree oil and its many uses!
xx Miss Tabitha M
Sources: Webmd.com, My Dermatologist.