What’s good homies ? I will be showing you a simple and quick way to make your tinted lip balm. If you’re like me and constantly apply lip balm to your lips due to fear of chapped lips, they may begin to add up. Even if it’s 3 or 4 dollars per balm, it could add up, OK?! But of course I have proposed a way to cure the world of chapage of the lips (Boom, ya been diagnosed) and spare a few dollahhs for that ESSIE nail polish you’ve been craving or whatever you’re mind deems worthy of 3 or 4 bucks. Anyhow, you can also make this lip balm for a friend who has not been able to find a lip balm in a shade they like and give it them on a special or non special occasion Or you make it just so you can show me that you did it and tweet it me at @TabithaMajwega. Whatever you decide to do with it is up to you! “Life’s what you make it so let’s make it rock!” no? Ok ^.^ Note: You can make yours un-tinted by using just Vaseline and skipping the lipstick.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Empty makeup sample bottles (You can get these from MAC or Sephora).
- Any lipstick you have laying around. I chose a red one from the Maybelline Color Sensational line called Red Revolution.
- Scooper ( I used the flat side of a metal nail file I had never used before)
1. Clean out any makeup out of your sample bottles so that they’re absolutely spotless.
2. Put a small pea sized clump of your choice lipstick into your sample bottle and about twice that size the amount of Vaseline.
3. Mix and stir together until mixture is well combined.
4. Add more Vaseline into the mixture and stir again, this time do not add more lipstick unless the color you are going for was not achieved during the first mix.
5. Clean around the areas of your bottle and TADA you have your tinted lip balm.
** For an extra sturdy factor, place the bottle of lip balm in the freezer part of your fridge for 2 or 3 hours. Otherwise, it’s ready to balm!